India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Canada Spouse Visa

Immigration for the spouse, common-law or conjugal partner of a permanent Canadian resident is permitted through a system of sponsorship. A person with Canadian permanent residence or a Canadian citizen can sponsor the applicant for a time period of three to ten years, until the applicant establish in the country. 

MoreVisas is an emerging immigration service provider that offers customised and complete immigration services for our clients. Our company was established in the year 2003 with a sole aim of offering a satisfactory immigration service for each and everyone of our customers.

Migrating to Canada under this kind of sponsorship allows the migrant to seek and undertake employment in the country without any restriction. This is also the easiest way to permanent residency and after a minimum residency requirement of three years, can apply for Canadian citizenship.

The requirements and qualifications of an applicant for family immigration sponsorship varies in different ways. They differ when the applicant is a conjugal partner, common-law partner or spouse of the Canadian permanent resident or Canadian citizen as described below:


  • A marriage certificate has to be shown to the territory or province authorities, only when the marriage has taken place in Canada.
  • Marriages that have taken place outside Canada country need to be validated by the law of the country in which it took place and also by the Canadian law

Sponsor - Same-sex partner as a spouse

Sponsoring a same sex partner under the spouse immigration rules is permitted only when the certificate of marriage was issued after or on the following dates in the below listed provinces

  • Quebec (March 19, 2004)
  • British Columbia (July 8, 2003)
  • Newfoundland (December 21, 2004)
  • Manitoba (September 16, 2004)
  • Nova Scotia (September 24, 2004)
  • New Brunswick (July 4, 2005)
  • Saskatchewan (November 5, 2004)
  • Ontario (June 10, 2003)
  • Yukon (July 14, 2004)
  • All other provinces/territories (July 20, 2005).

Common-law partner

If you like to sponsor your opposite sex or same sex partner common-law partner while immigrating to Canada, you need to prove that both of you have been living together for a time period of at least a year.

Conjugal partner

The conjugal partner’s Canadian immigration course can be used only in some extreme cases like both the parties are not able to qualify for common-law partner or spouse immigration due to circumstances beyond their control. This visa is valid for both opposite and same sex partners. However, it is necessary to note that they have to prove that their relationship is dedicated and mutually dependent one.

Conjugal partner applications can be made in the below circumstances,

  • Due to the barrier set by the immigration, living together or marrying each other is not allowed.
  • It is crucial that the relationship has lasted for at least a year.
  • Living together or marrying each other is not allowed, as you are in the same sex relationship in the country where these kinds of marriages are not allowed.
  • Living together or marrying has been avoided due to marital status, as you are living in a country where divorce is not allowed.


A condition had been added to the Canadian Spouse visa in an effort to prevent people from using marriages as a means of convenience to cheat and make their way into Canada. 
Effective from October 25, 2012, sponsored partners or spouses must now live and stay together in a legal relationship with their particular sponsor for two years from the day they get the status of permanent residence in Canada. 

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon