India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Want a USA student visa? Find out which exams you need to take

USA student visa
American colleges and universities have a particular entrance system. Students from India who want to study in America will usually need to take at least one extra exam in order to be eligible for admission to the college of their choice. Read on to find out more.

MoreVisas is a premier visa consultancy, and we have years of experience in getting US student visas for our clients. The following article covers the general case only, so you should always check the information available for the institution you wish to study at. If there is no information on their website, contact their admissions office.

English language tests

Many US universities require international students to take a test proving that their English is of high enough standard to study in the USA. The two main testing bodies are the IELTS and TOEFL. Both are accepted by most US universities. If you have or are completing a degree in English, you many not need to do this test. Contact one of our expert visa consultants for more information.

Undergraduate study

Applicants for undergraduate study at most American institutions are required to take either the SATs or the ACTs. These exams both test candidates' proficiency in a wide range of areas, from English vocabulary to mathematics. More prestigious institutions will require a higher score, so it's important to prepare thoroughly. Both the SATs and the ACTs have a general section and tests for specific subjects. Make sure you check which tests are required for your program.

You can retake either exam several times, and the exams are held up to 6 times per year, so it's best to take it early on – although not more than 2 years before your studies would commence – to allow time to retake the test if you do not get the results that will allow you to study in America.

If you have taken courses at a university level, you may be able to take the AP (Advanced Placement) tests which allow you to skip introductory level classes once you have your US student visa and are studying in the USA. This can save significant amounts of money, as it can allow you to complete your degree quicker, sometimes up to a year early.

Postgraduate study

Most postgraduate and doctoral programs require you to take at least the GRE General Test. Many will require the GRE Subject Test in the appropriate field. In addition, programs will often have their own admissions exams, interviews or questions. Other exams required for particular subjects include:
MCAT – for medical studies in the USA and Canada
LSAT – to study law
GMAT – for an MBA
DAT – to study dentistry

Certain subjects have  If you want to get a USA student visa, you will need to be accepted to a program, and this will depend on your test results. It's important to take these tests seriously, as there is a fee for each exam, and the total can be significant.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon