India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Au Pairing Agencies in US

Au Pairing Agencies in US

Many young people, predominantly women, explore the options of being an Au Pair in the US as a way to beneficially spend a gap year or gain plenty of hands on American life experience doing something fun, active, rewarding and also that will look great on your resume as well as being a longer career option if you so wish. Initially to be an Au Pair you will need a Visitor Exchange J-1 visa, and this will allow you to legally work as an Au Pair in the US for a 12 month period. After the time is up the visa can be renewed for another six, nine of twelve months if this is what you want to do.

To be an Au Pair generally you will need to be taken on by an Au Pair agency, they will sort out your travel, match you with a family and be hands on for any guidance or support, though they do take a fee for this and also being an Au Pair is certainly not a well paid job due to your accommodation and meals being provided for you your salary does reflect this. Au Pairing is not the option for you if you are wishing to earn a lot of money. Experiences, and cherished memories that you will indeed receive are however, priceless. 

For an Au Pairing Agency to take you on you will need to fit into many criterias, an agency's staff (possibly you) reflects the company to other people so you must be good, qualified and more. The age criteria is that you must be over 18 yet under 26 usually. You must hold a full and clean driving licence and have no criminal record. You must have no dependants of your own or a spouse and you must really enjoy caring for children with at least a 200 hours experience in child care within the last three years. Your English speaking ability must be to a satisfactory of high standard. An Au pair agency will show your file to a prospective family and their file to you. A file is a short booklet which both parties have filled out with details of themselves, their wants, their life, background and current circumstances. The more you reveal about yourself the better it looks. Both parties are given time to consider before making a decision. 

Once you are matched with an American family you will go for a personal interview, here you will meet the people you could possibly be spending the next year of your life living with and you may get the opportunity to meet the child or children you will be expected to care for. If all goes well and both sides are happy to sign a contract then you will stay with that family for the next 12 months, you will be expected to provide child care for around 45 hours per week and in exchange you will receive accommodation in the family home and all meals provided as well as a two week paid vacation time.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon