India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Dependant Visa for UK

Dependant Visa for UK

There is much red tape involved with the UK Dependant Visa and what a dependant child is actually classed as. The general is that a dependant child is one who is under 18 and you have sole custody of. As with all visa’s you do need all relevant, supporting documents to back up all your claims as well as birth certificates and in date passports. In certain circumstances the age limit can be stretched upto aged 21 but this is only if the dependant leads no separate life i.e is not married, has no family of their own, is financially dependant on you and is dependant on you under medical grounds. 

There can be a lot of trouble when parents are divorced and one wants to bring the child to the UK, for this you need to prove that you have sole custody of the dependant and that the other parent either is not involved in any caregiving, has no responsibility for the dependant, is diseased or willingly allows the dependant to be bought here under your sole care and this will be sorted through the civil courts to gain the papers with the vital signature on to show this. 

Most longer term visas will allow a dependant child to enter the UK with you providing you pass all the assessments and are accepted into the Country. For more temporary visas the length of your dependants visa will be the same as your own, so when you renew yours - if you so wish - you must renew that of the independants otherwise they will be in the United Kingdom illegally and could face deportation.

When you have a migrant dependant in the UK you must adhere to UK rules that apply to dependents that are British Citizens. This means that if your child is of or above school age, which is currently 5 years old, then they must attend school full time. They must also receive all the vaccinations relevant to their age group. Once the dependant has been residing in the United Kingdom for a period of five years they can then be accepted as a British Citizen, but this does not happen and does need applying for. It can be beneficial to discuss your individual case with the United Kingdom's Immigration Authorities as there are many things which tend to be overlooked under this visa and can result in court proceedings, legal action and / or deportation.

Contact MoreVisas

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon