India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Study and Work Visa

Study and Work Visa

Going to live overseas for a while is a decision that more and more people are opting to take, but doing so requires a choice about the real purpose of your visit.

Applying for a visa means declaring how you intend to spend your time: tourism, working or perhaps a bit of study? In many cases it may be a combination of the latter two. If this is the case you will need to apply for a study and work visa to enable you to do both. 

All visas have conditions of entry and the majority are very specific about what kind of work you can do, and for how long. Surprisingly though – and this is something that not everyone realizes – you may also be restricted on how much you can study. 

It is therefore essential that if you want to attain a qualification you take a look at the conditions of your entry very carefully; you may be required to apply for a variation known as a study and work visa to remain within the confines of the law. 

A student visa normally means full-time studying but this doesn't preclude securing a job too. Indeed many students rely on being able to earn a bit of money on the side to make their finances a little more comfortable. A study and work visa could be helpful for them.

Many countries recognize this and don't insist on a full study and work visa in order to permit a limited number of hour’s employment per week. However, if you want to exceed this allowance under study and work visa, you will have to speak to your immigration officer about a change in your terms of entry. 

For those who entered the country on a work visa, there is normally a very restricted allowance for being able to study. This is often restricted to no more than a number of weeks per year unless the training has been organized and is required by your employer. Entering into a longer course to achieve a qualification could mean that you will need a study and work visa instead. 

Not all countries require individuals to obtain either a separate or combined study and work visa as one permit covers both sets of circumstances. This is far from the norm although in many cases you can convert one to the other if needed. 

Finally, self-employment is something which can often be viewed rather dimly and some countries will not hand out any kind of work visa for self-employed endeavors, unless they are well-established and profitable (and can be proven). If you were therefore hoping to set up a new venture on a work permit overseas, be prepared for the fact that you may have to enlist the help of immigration consultants to stand any chance of getting your application agreed!

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon