India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Working Visa Categories in UK

September 2013, 02
EMAIL  Print A+

UK Working Visa
There a quite a few different categories for people wishing to work in the UK. Those who wish to work in the U should choose the category for work, which they can fulfill the requirements for. It is illegal to work in the UK if you do not have permission to do so, and you can be sent back to your country of origin if you breach your visa conditions. 

If you wish to visit the UK for business reasons, but are not officially working in the UK, then you can come to the UK as a visitor, If you visit the UK Border agency website, this can give you more information as to whether your purposes class as visitor or whether you should apply for a working visa. 

The UK Working visas are usually assessed by the UK Border Agency of a points system for immigration.

High value immigrants such as entrepreneurs, talented people (exceptionally so) and investors in UK business may be entitled to work in the UK without needing to be in receipt of a job offer, but these are relatively special cases, and you will need to have a high level of points on the immigration system. Usually you have to show skills that are not available in this country, or have a large number of investments in the UK. 

Skilled workers are those who are in receipt of a job offer in the UK, with an employer who is willing to sponsor their visa application. If you meet these criteria you are entitled to apply to work in the UK for that employer only. 

If you wish to come and work in the UK for a temporary period, and have an employer willing to sponsor your application, you may be able to temporarily enter the UK to work for that employer, perhaps on an exchange program.

There are other ways to apply to work in the UK, such as a domestic carer of a settled UK person or permanent resident. Or as a sole business representative from your current employer.  If you are a member of a news agency or a broadcasting association, there may be a good chance of you being able to apply for a working visa.

The other category, which is not a very well known one, is that if you are a citizen of a commonwealth country, a n doe of your ancestors is a Unnatural (born in the UK) you can apply to work in the UK.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon