India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

South Africa Govt. Announces New Travel Visa for Children

May 2015, 28
EMAIL  Print A+
South African Govt lays new Visa laws for children
According to the new law, especially the  minors would be required to produce unabridged birth certificate  apart from passport while exit as well as entry into South African ports of entry. 

The law does not end there either. Both parents must be present so that they can produce their identification as well. Even if one or both of them are not present, various options exist such as

  • When single parent is travelling with the child :  The parents who prefers to stay at home should provide an affidavit revealing consent of the child travelling with other parent and also copy of passport or identity document
  • When the couple is divorced: The immigration Amendment Act is not entirely clear about in case if the parents are divorced.  If the parent who prefers not to travel with the child does not provide consent, in that scenario the other parent is required to get the court order. 
  • When one parent is deceased: if anyone of the parent is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate must be taken along. 
  • When father identity not known: in that scenario, the mother has to present an affidavit stating that, she is solely responsible for the child.
  • When parents are of same sex: The full birth certificate allows the same-sex parent.  This is also referred as A and B parents. 
  • When none of the parents accompany the children : As per the existing immigration Amendment Act, it does  states that the particular  child should carry an Affidavit given by the parent which confirms that he/she  has taken the permission to travel even though parents are accompanying the child.
  • When a Child travelling alone to South Africa: The child is needed to carry a letter from the person who will be receiving them in South Africa. The letter should state the person’s address and contact details. 

For more updates follow MoreVisas at FacebookLinkedIn and Google+.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon