India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Residents with Dual Citizenship Require Canadian Passport to Enter Canada

September 2016, 06
EMAIL  Print A+

Residents with Dual Citizenship Require Canadian Passport to Enter Canada
With the new rules effective from September 30, 2016, the Canadian Nationals with dual citizenship flying back to Canada must produce their Canadian passports while entering the country. 

Earlier the dual citizens could enter the Canada by showing their foreign passports and driving license or a citizenship card. From 30th September onwards, under the new electronic travel authorization system, it will be mandatory for the dual citizens to produce the Canadian passport.  Without the passport, the dual citizens will not be allowed to enter the country.

Canadian Government in its advisory statement warned, “Canadian citizens will need to have appropriate documents to travel to Canada before they can board their flight. A valid Canadian passport is the only reliable and universally accepted travel document that provides proof that you are a citizen and have the right to enter Canada without being subjected to immigration screening. Make sure that the expiry date of the passport is well beyond your planned return date”.

Travelers are advised that, the only valid documents to enter the country are “a valid Canadian passport, a Canadian temporary passport, or a Canadian emergency travel document.”

Foreign nationals availing the visa-free travel facility to enter Canada will be exempted until the new system is fully functional online. 

“American citizens, including American-Canadian citizens, must carry proper identification and meet the basic requirements to enter Canada. You do not need a Canadian passport, a Canadian visa or an eTA to fly to Canada if you are travelling with a valid US passport.”

For more immigration updates, follow us on FacebookGoogle+ and LinkedIn.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon