India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Instructional Update for International Students Working On-Campus in Canada

February 2017, 11
EMAIL  Print A+
Students Working On-Campus in Canada
The IRCC, or ‘Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’, has upgraded the procedure for overseas students who are applying for a SIN, or Social Insurance Number, in order to be working on-campus. As of 10th February 2017, international students will no longer require a contract of employment to apply for a SIN.

Formerly, international students who wanted to apply for a SIN in order to work on-campus needed to hold a valid study permit as well as an employment contract. For every individual eligible to work in Canada or/and is pursuing any employment, whether on or off campus, a SIN is necessary.  

IRCC establishes “on-campus” as "employment facilities within the boundaries of the campus" —say, for instance, working at a library, hospital, store, cafeteria or research facility… within the campus of the institution. On-campus employment comprises of research assistant and teaching roles. International students, who are full-time students at a post-secondary establishment, can work without a work permit at their university, college or school campus. The authorization to work would be applicable for the duration of the study permit. 

International, full-time students in Canada can also be employed off-campus while studying. In this case, a SIN is still necessary in order to commence working for an employer.

For more immigration updates, follow us on FacebookGoogle+ and LinkedIn.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon