India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Hong Kong Dependant Visa

Hong Kong Dependant Visa

Hong Kong have many visas for international citizens to apply for and hopefully go on to obtain, an application does not mean an applicant will be granted a visa however. If you fill in the application form and meet all the desired criteria, provided the checks come back fine you should be granted you required visa. A dependant visa is what an individual can apply for if they are, as the visas states a dependent, this means if the the “dependant” applicant is a child, aged eighteen or below they will fall into the category “dependant” the child has to be the child or adoptive child of a Hong Kong resident, who holds a visa. Another individual who will also fall under the “dependant” category is an elderly parent of a permanent resident visa holder, Hong Kong resident, and are aged sixty or over, a parent who is aged younger than sixty will not be classed as a “dependant” and so can not apply for this visa, there are absolutely no exceptions. All “dependants” who are granted entry into Hong Kong can study while in the country but elderly parents are not permitted to work while in Hong Kong under this visa.

If your partner wishes to join you and is your common law partner the Hong Kong government will not recognize them as a dependant, they will have to apply for a different visa to be accepted and meet the criteria that is required for that visa. 

A prolonged visitor visa would be what a common law spouse would need to apply for, proof that you are indeed genuine couple will be needed along with proof that the two parties have been cohabiting for at least twelve months before an application Is put forward. If granted these visas are usually issued for a period of six months at a time. There is an option for an extension on this visa, if granted an additional six months will be added. This visa is not a residence visa and so provisions that are allowed on the residence visa will not be prohibited on this visa. Requirements for both a resident visa and prolong visitor are the same. The main and criteria that can sway a decision whether the sponsor of these applicants are financially stable enough to be responsible for the dependent or spouse for as long as they are in Hong Kong.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon