India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Hong Kong Dependant Visa leading to Citizenship

Hong Kong Dependant Visa

A dependant is classed as somebody whom you are responsible for, usually financially. Spouses and children under the age of 18 can be dependants and apply for a Dependant Visa to enter Hong Kong if the person they are dependant on resides in Hong Kong and has full citizenship. The Hong Kong resident must sponsor those on the Dependant Visa and show evidence to have sufficient funds to be able to provide and support them financially. Anybody over the age of eleven who wants to travel to Hong Kong, needs to have a visa in order to travel legally.

As of yet unmarried partners and homosexual couples are not eligible for a dependant visa, but as laws and times change so may this. Currently those who are unmarried or in a homosexual relationship can apply for an extended Visitor Visa if they can prove that they were in a relationship for an extended time period prior to moving to Hong Kong but an extended Visitor Visa is not an easy visa to obtain. A Dependant Visa can be a stepping stone to Permanent Residency. In order to follow through the process to Permanent Residency you need to have been living consecutively in Hong Kong for a period of seven years. 

Once your application is accepted and you become a permanent Hong Kong resident then you are fully entitled to social benefits, public housing and be able to use the health service. You can also work legally under this visa as a Hong Kong resident and are guaranteed to be treated accordingly. Once you have Permanent Residency it cannot be revoked and it is with you for life. You also do not have to change your passport or legal documentation. Any children you have after you and your spouse have both been granted permanent residency will automatically be Hong Kong citizens and do not need to apply for citizenship. 

Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated countries in the world which will mean crowds and limited space but it also means there’s opportunities in abundance here for things such as employment or leisure activities and Hong Kong is world renowned for being a modern, high tech country. As a Hong Kong resident you will have to be extremely knowledgeable on the culture and the laws of the land. What is right and normal in your native lands may not be so here and without the full education on life in this country you could end up in trouble or on the wrong side of the law.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon