India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Dependant Visa for Hong Kong

Dependant Visa for Hong Kong

A Dependant Visa for Hong Kong is a fairly complex visa to obtain though there are strict requirements in place and all must be met in order for your application to be successful. A dependant in Hong Kong is classed as someone who is a spouse of a Hong Kong Resident, an unmarried child under the age of 18 of a Hong Kong Resident or the parent of a Hong Kong Resident who is aged 60 or above. The Hong Kong Resident whom you are connected with to obtain your visa is known as your ‘sponsor’.

In order to begin an application for a Dependant Visa into Hong Kong you need to have documented evidence of a genuine relationship between the applicant and already Resident. This could be a birth certificate, marriage certificate or adoption certificate. The Hong Kong Resident of whom you are a dependant needs to provide sufficient evidence to show that they can fully support you financially and accommodate you for an unlimited time period. This can be shown by a steady wage, assets, accommodation documents and disclosure of all incomings for the foreseeable future.

If your application is successful it is then the sponsor's full responsibility under Hong Kong law to provide for you in all ways. If they do not they will be breaking the law as the visa application they have signed to say that they will and can adequately provide you will finances, food and accommodation is a legally binding document and anything not adhered to may face criminal prosecution, fines and or deportation by the Hong Kong authorities.

A dependant who is of child age which is classed under 16 in Hong Kong will need to have signatures from a guardian on the dependent's behalf in the visa applications and for those under the age of eleven there are no police checks performed through the medical examinations apply to dependents of all ages. This is due to Hong Kong's strict Health Care System and efficient ways to deal with and contain any sudden outbreak of infections or diseases. You need to be free from all contagious diseases and in good health for any visa application to be considered into Hong Kong.

If your Sponsor does not stick to their word to provide and care for you as the dependant you can contact the Hong Kong Immigration Authorities for much help, advice and guidance though if your sponsor is prosecuted this may leave you without a Sponsor meaning you too will be deported unless you can find another family member in Hong Kong who would be willing to act as a sponsor for you.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon