India's Most Eminent Visas and Immigration Consultant

Start Your Free Assesment Here..

Where do you live?
Where do you want to go?
Complete our Free visa assessment form today to make the complex visa application process simple.

Quick Enquiry Pointer

Click here to submit

Quick Enquir


I agree with the T&C and Privacy Policy

Australian Parent Visa

Australian Parent Visa

Parent visa applications are not a high priority for processing, unlike other visas in the family category such as children and parents. To specify the level of the application priority during the processing certain aspects are taken into account regarding the relationship and citizenship of the parent. If an applicant desires to permanently live in Australia and they are a parent to an Australian citizen, parent to a eligible citizen of New Zealand or parent to a permanent Australian resident they can make an application for the parent visa.

In order to apply for the visa, the applicant must pass the “balance of family test”, be over the age of 18, have a child living in Australia as a citizen or permanent resident or an acceptable New Zealand citizen, the child must have completed at least 2 years of residency in a specified destination and be consenting to sponsorship of the applicant. The applicant must have more children living in Australia than they do currently living in another country. In the family stream there are a choice of two different options for a parent visa, the visa is applicable to people who are not yet of the age where they can be acknowledge for an old age pension. Applications for the parent visa must be issued form outside of the country, it is an essential requirement that the applicant is of working age and have “assurance of support” in position. 

The “aged parent visa” is quite comparable to the parent visa, however it is only accessible for a person that is of the age where they can apply for and be accepted for the Australian old age pension and the application can be made either outside or inside of Australia. The “aged dependant relative visa ” is an appropriate option for a single,divorced or ceremoniously separated person of age who has a close family member residing in Australia who the depend upon. It is required that the applicants family member is no younger than eighteen years of age and has remained in Australia for a minimum of three consecutive years prior to the application being issued. An applicant of age applying for the parent wont have instant entitlement to the Australian old age pension through having a permanent visa issued. Unless the old age pension or a disability pension is going to be paid from the country the applicant is from, they must bed in Australia for ten years before a pension application can be issued.

HaHa , This number is not the website Hits count.
This is the Counseling Count.


Amazing Counseling Sessions
Offered, Free of Cost

Disclaimer - MoreVisas immigration service Pvt.Ltd. does not offer consulting on student visas/ Overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon